Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Overalls

When overalls first came back as a trend, I didn't understand the appeal. It just seemed like a grungy attempt at recreating the 90's. As the seasons go by though, I am enjoying them more and more. It first started in Brighton. Style over there is 'cooler' anyways, but Europeans just have a way of making everything seem effortless and chic. What really got me was a mom with her kids wearing black overalls, a red and white striped 3/4 length sleeve tee, with black Birkenstocks and Ray Bans (I also realize that my recollection of it may sound a little creepy - I just really loved the outfit and have tattooed on my brain). If that's not super casual and completely attainable, I don't know what is. Next came the wave of bloggers. Now, bit by bit, I am a bit of a convert. I've yet to invest in the trend but rather am trying to ensure I actually would have ways to wear them that wouldn't make me feel out of place or as though they were a waste. 

Here are some of my favourite outfits:







If I do end up purchasing a pair, they'd probably be Madewell's version. But I'd also want a black pair, so would need to search around more. 

What do you think of the trend? Are they here to stay for a while?

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)