Sunday, 21 August 2016

Links of the Week


Well, summer is almost over. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? Granted, I've only been home for two months and I've kept myself decently busy. I'll be heading out on Saturday to return to school (with a little detour in Scotland...) so it's time to pack up and get ready. It's hard to believe that this time next year I may not be in this position. Hope your summer ends nicely! 

Truly Madly Guilty So I just started Big Little Lies (more down below) and could not be more excited for the tv series. But what's even more exciting is that Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman bought the rights to Liane Moriarty's most recent novel, Truly Madly Guilty.

Hollywood Ruining Method Acting I saw Suicide Squad the Saturday it came out and was a little disappointed. It was a great film but could have been SO MUCH better. Jared Leto's performance has obviously garnered a lot of criticism and analysis - Leto is the main example in this article. I completely agree with everything the article states. 

Mixing up the Jumpsuit I'm so tempted to try and recreate this outfit but then I'm reminded that (a) I don't live in New York, and, (b) I'm not Blair Eadie.

The Best Button-Up Shirt This is the loveliest shirt. I picked it up during a back-to-school trip (maybe my last? at least second last) to Madewell and though I haven't worn it yet due to the scorching heat, it will get some great use during the other three seasons. 

Julia's Favourite Makeup Products I know next to nothing about make-up so I love comparing other people's must-have's. I was rather excited when I saw that I use the same Fresh Sugar as her!

Dogs and Real Estate This made me laugh a little but then realize that I will probably be the subject of a follow-up article in a few years time... The things we do for our dogs!

Most Liveable Cities Does your city make the list? Does it make you want to explore some of the top 10? It's making my unplanned trip down under more inevitable. 

Currently ReadingBig Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.
Another one I've had on my Goodread's "Want to Read" section for a while (well, since Reese Witherspoon recommended it...) and I love it. I have a few heavier reads that I should've started instead as I've had them for longer, but BLL seemed like a nice, lighter book. Reese is tooootally Madeline and I just love reading Celeste with Nicole Kidman's voice. Though I kind of wish that I hadn't known the actors before starting the novel, it makes me pretty confident in the adaptation. Excited to see who the victim is! I'm nearly 100 pages in.

Image via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)