Monday, 9 May 2016

Statement Couch

Over the past few years, it seems that 'statement' couches have become increasingly popular. I admire the woman who can organize a fuchsia velvet couch into her living room - it takes serious guts to invest in furniture like that. A bold piece certainly becomes a focal pint and sets the tone for the rest of the house. I mean, if you're looking to add some feminine flare, that is one sure way to do so. I used to think that something like said fuchsia velvet couch would stick out like a sore thumb, but finding these designs on Pinterest has changed my mind. 










9 comments:

  1. I'm currently obsessed with statement couches. I'm in the process of saving up for a blue couch from anthropologie.

    xx. The Coastal Confidence
    http://the-coastalconfidence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Anthro furniture is killer! I hope you get your dream couch :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore this post. The 7th photo is by far my favourite!

    LEACH | theleachlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Just everything about that picture is perfect haha - checkered floors, furnishings, all of it!

      Delete
  3. Agreed!! The statement couches have definitely grown on me as well. The are so bold and cute! I especially love the first one, and the turquoise one in the pic with the Gossip Girl style floor lol. Also loving the crisp white deer heads above the green one!

    Xx Maya from Maya Unmarketed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wonder if that apartment is on the upper east side as well? I think the green one just may be my favourite because of the way it works with the exposed brick :)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)