Monday, 23 May 2016

Kitchen Conundrums

It's not hard to get stuck on a YouTube binge. The suggested videos on the side lead you down a path of almost no return. Whether it's late night talk shows, Ellen, movie trailers, BuzzFeed food, Grey's Anatomy clips, or epic fails, we all have our weaknesses.

I don't know how I've only recently discovered this channel, but Everyday Food's series 'Kitchen Conundrums' is my new favourite binge-worthy playlist. The channel is from Martha Stewart so I'm sure the recipes are up to par. All of their videos are pretty great, but this series especially so because the host talks a little about the science behind the recipes. It also doesn't hurt that he's pretty cute to look at ;)

Here are some of my favourite videos gearing up for summertime. 


Cold Brew Coffee


Cold brew is so nice when the weather starts to turn!


Seeding a Pomegranate


I don't think I've ever seeded a pomegranate without creating a bloodbath. 


Grilling Steak (without a barbecue)


I love steak with a capital L but tend not to make it for myself because I've never been able to cook it the way I like (medium rare). I will definitely be trying out this technique! 


Fixing "Broken" Buttercream



This has happened to me too many times to count and I hate having to try to frost a cake or cupcakes with gross buttercream. Glad to see that there is actually a way to save it!


Making No Churn Ice Cream


An ice-cream maker is nothing that I've ever considered a necessity and this tutorial validates my hesitance. This recipe seems so simple! 

Don't all of these seem so easy now? I am dying to try out the ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)