Monday, 5 October 2015

10 Points for Pumpkin!

Rant:

I like Starbucks as much as the next person (perhaps even a little more), however, the PSL will never be friends. Okay, never say never... But probably never. I don't like the taste enough to actually spend $6 on it. To be honest, I don't even think that people love the taste, so much as they love the trend. Starbucks, more specifically the pumpkin spiced latte, is the epitome of this generation - being seen with that white and green cup, taking a picture, probably with leaves or something fall-esque, and Instagramming it with the hashtag #PSL. It's a great marketing scheme on behalf of Starbucks, you have to admit. I just don't really understand what all the fuss is about.

Rant over!

Now, pumpkin time :)
Thanksgiving (well, my Thanksgiving) is this upcoming weekend and I am preparing for my desserts. I love cooking during the festivities as well, but during holidays my housemates do potlucks - ergo, I bring dessert. Obviously Pumpkin Pie is a must, but I've been trying to find some other great pumpkin recipes to make. The wonderful thing about pumpkin is that you can bake with is pretty much until Christmas because it's essentially synonymous with fall. So, though I likely won't get through all of these recipes in the next few days (I promise you that I am not Superwoman), hopefully I can get to them over the semester.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)