Tuesday, 29 September 2015

My Favourite Granola Bars

I've made note of my Minimalist Baker obsession before, and this post is just another bit of evidence to prove it.

Granola bars are a staple in most households. They are simply an easy, on the go snack. I first attempted to make LaraBars a few years ago, however they just weren't quite the same. The flavour and texture wasn't up to par and honestly, who wants to eat something when you know there is a better option out there. Last year I tried the 5 Ingredient granola bars from Minimalist Baker - let's just say that I don't buy granola bars any more.

These ones are so easy to make (as long as you have a good blender/food processor - I have a Cuisinart food processor and a Ninja blender) and leave tons of room for creativity. You can personalize them to whatever you like best in your bars - chocolate, nuts, dried fruit, coconut, spices... You get the point. I have a go-to variation that I make every few weeks. Truly, I'm rarely without a batch.

These bars are sweet, chewy, HEALTHY, and plain delicious. When I first told people who would try them that dates are an ingredient, it was a turn off (it even turned me off at first). But you don't even taste them! They just add a sweetness factor I find and help keep the bars together (along with the PB and honey).

Here is my ingredient breakdown for them:
1 cup dates
1 1/2 cup whole oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey



I've actually never tried any other variation... I find this to be the best!


(also, please ignore the Bailey's in the background... It is not mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)