Tuesday, 25 August 2015

That Time I...

On the day of my final year two exam, I had one of the most stressful few hours of my life. And yes, it involved my computer. It was already a super busy week surrounding the exam (i.e. before and after) so when I spilled hot water and lemon onto the keyboard of my Macbook two hours ahead of my economics final, I couldn't help but laugh. I mean, REALLY??! 

In a way, I didn't have too much to worry about - I didn't actually need it for studying purposes at that point because school would be done for me in 4 hours from then. On the other hand, I had a crunched timeline that wouldn't give me any time to have it looked at or repaired. 

Lets set up the timeline:
Day 1 - Econ exam at 2pm, finish exam by 5pm, visit exchange office, go downtown to run super last minute errands, say goodbye to friends, PACK (!!)
Day 2 - Say goodbye to roommates, taxi-pickup at 9am, flight at 11:30, land at 3pm, get home (by this time, tech stores are closed)
Day 3 - SURGERYYYY


My laptop contains any type of document I used over the past four years, which, in this decade, essentially means your life. It eventually got checked out and Miss Mac was alright, but had it been fried, I would have cried. Cried and cried. Pictures and passwords and school assignments and exchange information and emails could have evaporated into air. I'm one of those stupid people who didn't initially backup her hard-drive, too (you better bet I am now though). 

As of late, my laptop has been overheating like someone wearing a parka on the equator (aka, it gets burning hot). I'm going to resolve to turn it off more frequently and update it more consistently as well. I hope she can hold up to the five year mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)