Sunday, 14 June 2015

Banff for the Summer

Mountain time!
Over the Christmas holidays, I thought a little about applying to work in the Rocky Mountains for the summer. Honestly, I just didn't know what I would do at home for the summer, job-wise. I was deciding between that and being an Au Pair in Europe for a few months and then doing a summer course for the first month or two that I would be home for. Needless to say, I swung the way of the mountains. The application process was a little last minute and I probably could've planned it out a bit better...

But I'm here now!

I arrived in Calgary 3 weeks ago and came out to Banff the day after I arrived. Driving out here was inexplicably gorgeous. (Well, I'm sure I could come up with a description if I had to. However, I need to work on my descriptive writing.) I'm working as a host in one of the many restaurants at the Banff Springs hotel. This place is a castle. A castle. A castle! It has been expanded and re-done over the years (primarily because of a fire in the early 1900's...), but you can feel the history in every room.

I hope to write more about my time here over the coming months. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)