Monday, 9 March 2015

Some Monday Music

I'll admit it: I'm not a huge music person. I do LOVE music. But, I just never keep up to date with it. I listen to whatever I find or what is recommended to me, but I'm never the first person to say: "Hey listen to this awesome band!" Just not me. But here are some cool music videos that have been making the rounds on the web this week:

1. Hozier - Someone New
Okay, so "Take Me to Church" - who doesn't love that song? Yeah, it's been played a ton over the past two years to so. But it is awesome. All of my friends love Hozier's album, but, personally (and somewhat ashamedly), I've never listened to it. But I have been playing this song repeatedly over the past week and probably won't stop for a while. Also it has Natalie Dormer (Margery) from Game of Thrones! On a harder note, the music video highlights the actual depressing context of the lyrics. Nevertheless, it is a really beautiful video!



2. Mumford and Sons - Believe
Let's get real. Who isn't a fan of Mumford and Sons? No one? Good, lets move on. So this song is quite a departure from their other albums. It is different, but still just as great. It reminds me of Coldplay a little. I am STOKED about their new album and I'm also hoping that I can catch them when they start their new tour! I went to one of their "stopovers" during their Gentlemen of the Road tour and it was one of the most amazing weekends and definitely the best concert I've ever been to. 




3. Carly Rae Jepson - I Really Like You
I'm sure if my sister reads this she will shake her head and do a major face palm. Here's why: I'm not a huge Carly Rae Jepson fan. I don't know if it's because I associate her with Bieber or what, but I've just never felt her vibe. This music video is on the list purely for Tom Hanks. That is all I need you to understand. Nothing against her or the Biebs, but I just don't love their stuff. But if she keeps popping out music videos with awesome stars like Forest Gump, I will be watching. He's just so darn adorable! But I still am trying to figure out why he did this music video...

Music homework for the next month: filter out junk music (seriously, junk - stuff I skip every single time it comes up on my iPhone) and download stuff I actually enjoy listening to. You'd think it would just be common sense. It really, truly is. I'm just a little to lazy to do it... Or buy it. (I'm reminiscing about the days of Limewire. Anyone remember that??)

Have a wonderful week! This music is setting me off to a good start :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)