Monday, 2 February 2015

Monday Maison Muse - Above Manhattan

So I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about living in Manhattan and Upstate New York since my tween years. Sometimes I do feel a bit unpatriotic being Canadian and desperately seeking a life in the Big Apple, but then again, it is the city where dreams are made of. Right?

I love design and architecture, too. I've been reading magazines for many, many years and used to (and sometimes still do) draw up floor plans. They used to be for my dream home, i.e. a massive farm and massive log cabin. I've evolved since then. I was obsessed with modern homes for a while but through the years I've come to appreciate so many different styles.

But back to New York. My dad would sometimes get me design magazines, like Dwell, and I would spend so long analyzing every article, learning every detail. I still love buying magazines and going on websites like Houzz. One of my favourite pieces, and one that has definitely had an impact on my style today, comes from an article in Style at Home. I think the article was initially published two years ago but I still remember the images vividly. And what do ya know! I found it on their website.



I think the light and airiness of the apartment has impacted by bedroom right now. I have mostly light furniture and accessories, but still a punch of colour! Maybe I'll post some pictures of it here one day ;)

I have been in love with this apartment ever since I saw it on the cover of that month's edition! Future apartment design and location goals. Right there. Will it be easy? No. No. No. A girl can dream though. Who knows, maybe someday I will be overlooking Union Square in my crisp, clean apartment!

I'd love to talk more about my love for this place, but alas I must get back to studying for my Marketing midterm tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)